And What About Me?
I wait for you at my house
I wait silently like a mouse.
I notice you are late
I guess it's just my fate.
To wait and wait and wait
To wonder why and not to hate.
I start to hurt because I'm sad
You did not come that's too bad.
But still I linger In hope to find
Recognition in a world that's kind.
I may forgive you in the end
But my pain will never amend.
I am mad I am sad
That you forgot you had
An obligation
Which brings me to frustration.
You think you can just through it aside
But it hurts me so to see you do this.
It doesn't show on the outside
But you are killing me on the inside.
You show no respect for me
You are rude to me
You think I don't care but that's no excuse
So I will sit at my house and and cry
To find recognition in a hell in which I will die.
I wait silently like a mouse.
I notice you are late
I guess it's just my fate.
To wait and wait and wait
To wonder why and not to hate.
I start to hurt because I'm sad
You did not come that's too bad.
But still I linger In hope to find
Recognition in a world that's kind.
I may forgive you in the end
But my pain will never amend.
I am mad I am sad
That you forgot you had
An obligation
Which brings me to frustration.
You think you can just through it aside
But it hurts me so to see you do this.
It doesn't show on the outside
But you are killing me on the inside.
You show no respect for me
You are rude to me
You think I don't care but that's no excuse
So I will sit at my house and and cry
To find recognition in a hell in which I will die.
The Dead Poets Society
1 comment:
I really liked this poem. It had very good structure, rhythm, and rhymes. Which just happen things that I like about poems... :)
Post a Comment