Caught Off Guard
Life can catch you off guard
One minute easy, another hard
One second ok, the next complicated
Problems will leave as others are created
I thought me and you,
we had something good
I thought you loved me too
In the way that I would
Love you, but apparently
its not quite the same
'cause while I give my all to you
and you go off with some guy,
some random other name.
I always sort of sensed it
but then you would say
"how could you think that?"
each and every f*cking day.
Obviously Us wasn't something to you
Maybe just something in the free time to do
But I really loved you
I really missed you
I really meant it when I wished you were there
every night I'd stay up
to talk to you more
while you went off being
a jerk to me more
because i had some false delusion
that when i would say
"i love you" you'd say it back to me
Like, maybe once, someday?
But it wasn't enough was it?
All my best efforts.
And I'm not going to deny it
It REALLY really really hurts
But i guess from now on
You've taught me a lesson
If my hearts already been stomped upon
how can it be broken?
I really tried for you
I even cried for you
I would have died for you...
And yet as I write this I wish you well
Even though this agony is making me go through hell
'Cause I truly just want you to be happy
If only you thought the same about me...
I just couldn't see
I couldn't believe
that you weren't real
that you were lying to me...
One minute easy, another hard
One second ok, the next complicated
Problems will leave as others are created
I thought me and you,
we had something good
I thought you loved me too
In the way that I would
Love you, but apparently
its not quite the same
'cause while I give my all to you
and you go off with some guy,
some random other name.
I always sort of sensed it
but then you would say
"how could you think that?"
each and every f*cking day.
Obviously Us wasn't something to you
Maybe just something in the free time to do
But I really loved you
I really missed you
I really meant it when I wished you were there
every night I'd stay up
to talk to you more
while you went off being
a jerk to me more
because i had some false delusion
that when i would say
"i love you" you'd say it back to me
Like, maybe once, someday?
But it wasn't enough was it?
All my best efforts.
And I'm not going to deny it
It REALLY really really hurts
But i guess from now on
You've taught me a lesson
If my hearts already been stomped upon
how can it be broken?
I really tried for you
I even cried for you
I would have died for you...
And yet as I write this I wish you well
Even though this agony is making me go through hell
'Cause I truly just want you to be happy
If only you thought the same about me...
I just couldn't see
I couldn't believe
that you weren't real
that you were lying to me...
The Dead Poets Society
No comments:
Post a Comment